Our expert says:
Sore tender glands should always be investigated. You could be suffering from any of the following conditions and should consult either your GP or ENT to investigate further and determine the cause:
1. Chronic tonsillitis with cervical adenopathy (enlargement of the neck glands)
2. Glandular fever (Infectious mononucleosis)
3. Submandibular gland stones or infection of this salivary gland
4. Lesions / growths affecting the throat or tonsil will also present with a sore throat and neck glands
5. Other chronic infections - viral, bacterial, fungal infections can affect the throat and must be excluded
6. Some systemic conditions can also cause gland enlargement and should be excluded by your physician.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.