Question
Posted by: lois | 2004/02/28

swollen gland behind left ear

I have had this problem vir about 3 yars now, everytime it gets a bit sore & in the nape of my neck, my pharmicist said it is glandular fever & gave me illosone capsules & paracetamol. How can I get rid of the swollen gland & why do I get it ??

Lois, a swollen gland is usually due to an infection somewhere, but I can’t be sure that it’s just a gland without examining you first. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out as I doubt that it is due to glandular fever. If it is due to glandular fever, the Ilosone® won’t work. Good luck.