Question
Posted by: G | 2007/02/21

Swollen gland

I have what appers to be a swollen gland in my armpit. It is painful but I have no pain or discomfort anywhere else. Could you give me an indication of what may have caused this and should I be worried.

Dear G
If it sits fairly superficial it usually is an infection in one of the sweat glands. Put heat on ( warm face cloth) and bactroban ointment, don't use any deoderant. Sometimes it makes an abcess that needs to be drained - if you feel the centre going soft, rather see your doctor.
A deep nodule may be a lymphgland and for that you must see your doctor asap.