Posted by: Man28 | 2006/10/28

Swollen Gland?

Hi Doc

I have had this huge bulge (about 1 cm) thats quite painfull right behind my left earlobe at the bottom for the past few days. It feels almost like there is liquid under the skin - yet its not red or stand out huge like a boil. Could it be a swollen gland and what gland is situated right behind the earlobe? What causes it? What can I do to relieve this? (PS its ONLY behind the one ear - nothing behind my right ear)

A few months ago I had a similar "liquid:" but that was on the earlobe itself and my DR said it was dead cells and he made a small cut and pressed all the gumf out and it healed. This time its very painfull and almost hard and I have been trying to press it out thinking it might be a boil or pimple but no luck - its deep under the skin and painfull and almost hard.

Please shed some light on this for me?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Man28
It sounds like a sebacious cyst - caused by a blocked duct of a sebacious gland.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.