Question
Posted by: Annette | 2003/12/20

Swollen feet and feels like walking on bones

Thank you for your advice. My mother does suffer from arthritis and has a circulation problem so I will ask her to see her doctor re her feet which she is suffering badly with. She also suffers from osteoporosis which doesn't help (I think she says she has crumbling of the spine). What doesn't help is that my father suffers terribly with arthritis and has himself bound to a wheelchair as he refuses to exercise (even walk!) which is a big burden for my mother who has to do everything and doesn't complain - my father has in the last year become a compelte hermit and not even seeing us when we visit hima nd my mother. He just sits and reads (and complains about everyhting) all day. Thank you for your advice and have a good break over the festive season.

Annette, have you considered the fact that your father might be severely depressed? It definitely sounds like it from this side of the screen and a good idea would be for him to see his doctor. You can also e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za so that I can send you something I wrote on DIY depression diagnosis. Good luck and a blessed Christmas to you and your family.