Question
Posted by: Lyn | 2007/11/28

Swollen Feet

I woke up this morning with swollen feet. As I write they seem to be throbbing and have a burning sensation. My ankles are also aching. I am not over weight and do not suffer from any illness.

However, over the past few days I have eaten out in restaurants quite a lot and am feeling rather bloated from doing this.

Please can you give me an opinion for which I thank you.

Dear Lyn
Swollen feet can be a sign of water retention due to kidney problems or can be due to injury to the ankle joints or even infection causing arthritis - I think you should ask your doctor to examine your feet to try and pinpoint the problem.