Question
Posted by: Lynz | 2004/11/19

Swollen Feet

Hi guys

Is it normal to have HUGE swollen feet at 16weeks ?

I'm worried about pre-eclampsia, should I be ?

With my last appointed at the GP there's was no traces of protein in my urine etc and my next gynae appointment is only in 2weeks.
I'm experiencing this swollen feet for the last three weeks now.

Please help.

Lynz

The swelling may be due to the heat. 16 weeks is a bit early for pre-eclampia. It usually only occurs after 20 weeks.

1
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/19

Have your BP checked, at a pharmacy. If it is high then pre-eclampsia should be considered. However this heat can also cause swelling, I live in CT and my feet swells everyday due to the heat, I am 28 weeks now.

Reply to Jj@