Question
Posted by: Fat Feet | 2004/10/14

Swollen Feet

I am 26 years old and have been suffering with swollen feet for years.They get really red and swollen and is quite painfull to walk on. They also feel a bit burny. Obviously it is worse in heat but does occur in any weather. I am short and I find my feet often dangle with causes my feet to get more swollen. Is there any medicine I can take to calm the swelling down. My hands also swell but not as bad as my feet.Is there any herbal medicine?
Please help

FF, have you seen your doctor about this yet? It might be due to anaemia, kidney problems, liver problems and a host of other less common disorder. The best would be to make sure that there isn’t a serious underlying problem before you start taking all kinds of weird potions. Good luck.

1
Posted by: taurus | 2004/10/15

There are a couple of factors that might contribute to swollen feet. One might be diabetes......It might not be a bad idea to get yourself tested. Another factor might be kidney infection.....I am a 23 year old diabetic, and a couple of weeks ago my feet, hands and face were swelling up. It turned out that I had a kidney infection. (Of course the diabetes doesn't help with it either. It also causes the feet to burn, and be quite sensitive to walk on. It feels like your feet and legs are on fire in hot weather!). A more common factor might just be salt. Maybe you are getting too much salt into your system. I found that when I cut out my salt intake, the swelling has not been back. I really would suggest you get tested for diabetes, just to cover all the bases. It never hurts to know! Good luck!

Reply to taurus