Question
Posted by: FLEA | 2008/01/22

Swollen Armpit Glands

my left armpit gland is swollen it has been like this for round about a year- at first I thought it could be fat however I am not over weight I weigh 54kg and I'm about 1.67m tall
If I compare my other armpit gland it's much smaller. it is not painfull at all just swollen some days more swollen then the others.

what causes this and how can I treat it?

Dear Flea
Let your doctor have a look – he needs to see whether it is a swollen lymph gland or just one of the sweat glands that is enlarged. If it is a lymph gland they need to look for the reason for the swelling. A swollen sweat gland can be drained or treated with local antibiotics.