Question
Posted by: Desi | 2004/11/09

SWOLLEN ANKELS

I read with interest your reply to "Swollen Ankel", and would like to ask you what is my problem, as I have two swollen ankels permantely. I have no pain at all, but they look like a medium potato sticking out. I have had them for years.
Just to mention I have the same problem just below my knees on the inside of both legs. This swelling looks like two small baloons hanging there. Also no pain, and I have had them for years.
I am 60 years old and dont suffer with any medical problems at all, and not overweight either. People have said it is water sacks hanging, but I have taken water tablets, with no results. What are they, and what can I do about them.?

Desi, this is a difficult question to answer without being able to examine you first. It might be lipomas, oedema and a host of obscure things I can’t really differentiate from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you. Good luck.