Question
Posted by: nattie | 2007/02/19

swollen and painful right ankle/foot

I have been experiencing a swollen and painful right ankle - starting at my ankle and stopping by my toes. My gp has advised me to take anti-inflammatories, however this does not seem to help. I have had x-rays' and blood tests - showing no breaks/fractures or gout, and I definitely have not injured my ankle. Could you please assist?

Expert ImageArchive

Now I need you to help me to help you, I need more info from you
What side of the ankle (the inside -big toe side- or ouutsidr) and which toes, (the big toe is no 1 and the little toe is no 5)
Is the ankle swollen when you wake up or is it normal when you wake up and the swelling gets worswe through the day, if you press into the swelling does it feel spongy and does it leave a dent in your foot
Does your foot change colour redder blue whiter
Do you get pain when you lie down and elevate your leg
Please answer these questions and repost

1
Posted by: nattie | 2007/02/27

Outside of my ankle (right foot), Toes involved as last 4 toes. My ankle is not swollen when I wake up, however it swells up immediately once I start walking. If I press into the swelling it feels spongy and does not leave a dent in my foot.
My foot colour is very red. It does not help to lie down or elevate my legs/feet. I have been tested for gout, and the results were negative.
thanks
Natttie

Reply to nattie