Question
Posted by: Confused | 2007/07/19

swolen joints; fingers; knees & toes

My sister's joints in all parts of her body is extreemly swolen she also had a rash but it has partly gone away. She also has a fever that comes and goes. Her glands is also swolen. Our house doctor does't know what is wrong.

Dear Confused

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please be so kind as to provide me with the following information, in order for me to assist you with a diagnosis:

1. How old is your sister?
2. How long is the symptoms present?
3. Does it involve all the joints or just the smaller joints and is the pain and the swelling semetrical?
4. Did your doctor do any blood tests? If yes, please be so kind as to supply me with the blood results.

On receipt of the above information, your query will receive my urgent attention.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: confused | 2007/07/20

She is 23 years old. It started with a rash two weeks ago, and for the last week everything was swolen so for about two weeks now she has had this symptoms. It is the joints at her hands, knees and ankles, she says that it is very painfull, so that she can't even bend her fingers. The blood tests only showd that she does't have tick fever but that she has too many monosites, and too little white blood cells.

Reply to confused