Question
Posted by: Mlibo | 2007/06/25

Switching to a vegetarian lifestyle

I have recently become vegetarian and do not eatr meat and most dairy products. i was wondering whether or not i should supplement my diet and what vitamins/supplements would i need to take. thank u for the opprtunity. i hope to hear from u soon.

Mlibokazi

Dear Mlibo
Just post your question to dietdoc as well. The main thing is to get in enough iron, B vitamins, proteien, zinc and calcium, which you can do by eating pulses (beans, soya etc), nuts, green leafy vegetables, and taking a calcium and Vit B complex supplement.
See also http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vegetarian-diet/HQ01596