Question
Posted by: Fed up Mom | 2008/05/23

Swimming with headlice?

I live in an Arabic country and can understand none of the writing on the medicines! I have 2 kids in lower school and they seem to be taking turns with headlice at this stage! I have just used the spray plus some shampoo and lots of combing.
I would like to know, how often do we have to shampoo and spray?
Is it possible to go in the pool while she is having treatment?
I have also heard that covering the head with mayonnaisse and then rinsing with vinegar rinse helps.... any truth to that?
Please help me, I am battling to try and understand what the doctors are saying.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The best way to treat head lice, is to shave your hair off completely. The shampoo has to be used every day until it clears up. It is not advisable that your child swims, as the effectiveness of the shampoo will be lost.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Fed up Mom | 2008/05/24

Thanks Lala,
We did the vinegar thing, but unfortunately Sunlight soap is not something available in this country.
I like idea of putting the vinegar into a spray bottle though. Will try that.

With thanks

Reply to Fed up Mom
Posted by: Lala | 2008/05/23

Hi Mom

The following was tried & proven by parents in my daughters school and they have published it in our weekly newsletter:

Wash hair with 'Sunlight soap'
Rinse hair with brown vinegar (mix 2 parts vinegar with 1 part water). You can also put the vinegar mixture in a small spray can and spray it onto the hair.

Apparently the lice don't like the vinegar smell.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lala

Reply to Lala