Posted by: .. | 2008/08/28

Would just like to know: which sweetner has the lowest calories? I know you get " low calorie"  sweetners and then those with virtually nothing. Which are the one' s with no calories?

Dear Reader
Cyclamates and saccharine are non-nutritive sweeteners that contain zero calories. The other sweeteners like aspartame on its own for example, contains 8 kJ per teaspoon which is also negligible.

Posted by: Leonie | 2008/08/29

I use a low Gi sweetner made by Solal called Naturally sweet ( sucralose sweetner) it contains no harmful Aspartame or saccharrin ect. it is sweet like sugar you can use it on cereal in cooking ect. one containe has 150 serv and cost about R 65,00.

it has no after taste and very little kj.

it is worth it

Reply to Leonie