Question
Posted by: Paris | 2007/05/25

Sweet tooth a problem

Dear Doc

I've decided to change my eating habit and start focusing on eating more chicken, fish, vegetables and fruit. But my sweet tooth is getting in the way.

What can you suggest i eat instead of that nice milky bar chocolate.
I can't control my sweet tooth.
Any other suggestions i can eat that can control my sugar craving, or at least replace it.

one thing i realised is by drinking Caramel Vanilla Tea helps a bit in controlling that sweetness, i don't add sugar to the tea.
Talking about the tea, i love this tea, is it healthy?

Dear Paris
I am glad to hear that you have decided to eat a more balanced diet. If you ensure that you have an adequate carbohydrate intake (using carbs with a high-fibre and/or low glycaemic index (G)), then this should assist with the sugar cravings. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Healthy foods that are sweet which you can use to satisfy your sweet tooth include fresh and dried fruit. Have a piece of fruit after your meals to give your sweet tooth some satisfaction. Artificially sweetened cold drinks and chewing gum can also be used to 'fool' the taste buds without adding large amounts of kJ. I am not acquainted with Caramel Vanilla tea (it sounds delicious) and if it is made with real tea or green tea, then it should be healthy.