Question
Posted by: Mama E | 2007/12/11

Sweet tooth

Recently gained about 15 kg after the birth of my 1 year old daughter. I've rejoined the gym and I'm on a low fat, high fibre diet. I'm concerned about my sweet/ candy eating habit which I can't seem to shake off. I eat about 10 sweets (any kind, no chocolate) if not more a day. How can I stop this habit or do I have an alternative (sweets with less calories)?

Dear Mama E
I think you need to wean yourself of the sweet-eating habit. If you are on a low-fat, high-fibre diet it should contain sufficient carbohydrates so that you don't develop cravings for carbs. Try eating one sweet less every 2-3 days until you are down to one. Marshmallows and jelly babies contain marginally fewer kJ than boiled sweets.
Keep up the good work with the diet and the exercise.

2
Posted by: Mama E | 2007/12/12

DietDoc and Scorpio

Thanks for the advice. Will try my best to overcome this habit.

Reply to Mama E
Posted by: scorpio | 2007/12/11

Hi Mama. Glad I found someone I can relate too. Today is the first day of breaking this terrible habit... I feel like I am dying here... the only way I have found is to cut clean. Do not start, because then you cannot stop. I find that if I drink green tea, it helps. Also get a buddy you can call, sms when times get tough, to take your mind off it. Most times, you reach for something sweet to avoid boredom, loneliness, etc.

Reply to scorpio