Question
Posted by: cc | 2004/11/29

Sweaty Palms / Underarms / Feet

i have a problem with sweaty hands ,feet and underarms. my feet and hand are constently wet and moist.i am too embarrased to touch anybody or shake their hands,i have tried using every roll on made but my underams are constintley sweating,it also gives off a odour.i have had this sweat problem forever.(i am 26 yrs old / female )
it is very embarrasing?please help?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Excessive sweating is also called hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is caused by a hyperactive sympathetic nervous system. The areas of the body that may be affected can occur in any combination, including the face, underarms, hands and feet. Various international experts believe that Hyperhidrosis is a genetic condition that may be hereditary.
A product called drichlor (available from your pharmacy) may help, but you may also need to consult a dermatologist in more severe cases.