Posted by: MR sweat | 2008/01/14

Sweaty Palms


I have sweaty palms. (I think the proper name is palmar hyperhidrosis).

What types of cures are available to me.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear MR Sweat
you can try topical applications like Driclor or Perspirex, tablets like Probanthine ( seems to be difficult to get hold of) or if it is really bad, consider an operation called sympathectomy. see
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: battlebabe | 2008/08/07


I recently developed a problem, my palms have started excessivly started sweating, i get the shake' s sometime. And my whole body shakes and sweats uncontrolably. I mean it can be freezing cold and im sweating. This doesnt occur everyday it every now and then. Like random times, while driving, watching a movie, while relaxing!

Any advice pls, its really embrassing for a woman to smell of sweat!

Reply to battlebabe
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/01/14

Hi There

I suffer from the same problem and I am now using Perspirex lotion. You can buy it at dischem. It has really helped me a lot.

Reply to Mandy

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.