Question
Posted by: Glowing | 2004/02/03

Sweating too much?

Hi Yogaman,

I have been doing Ashtanga for about a year now - practice at least 4 hrs a week. Problem (or is it?) - about 10 minutes into practice, the sweat is pouring off me - literally dripping on the ground (most embarassing!).

Any advice?

Expert ImageYoga

Hey Glowing - well if you have a problem, then many of us that practice Ashtanga share it. Sweating is a key component of the detoxification process, the heat that you generate internally (via the breath) and externally via the sun salutations leaves me and most with a film of sweat after a few minutes and thereafter its open floodgates. Don't worry about it, enjoy it, drink lots after water, wear as little as possible and take a towel to class which you should use to clean up after.
Have fun.
Chris