Question
Posted by: gibbs | 2007/11/30

Sweating

hi.. now that i'm eating less and exercising more, i'm sweating a lot - during exercising.. what does this mean? should i be worried? i do taebo daily and have an eating plan from a dietician. how soon should i expect to see an improvement?

HI Gibbs

I don't think it's related in any way, actually. I don't know of any evidence for it. I suspect that the change in season is more likely the reason - call it a confounding variable. But it's nothing to worry about, it's just your body's way of cooling itself off. You don't need to do anything about it. Just drink when you're thirsty and you'll be fine!

As for your progress, just be patient. You can expect to feel different before you lose weight. I guess the bottom line is that you must really focus on how fit you are, how you are feeling and perhaps how you are looking, rather than on the scale. Even aiming for centimeters can be misleading, especially early on, because it takes much longer and can be a little bit of a futile and very frustrating goal. So my advice is really to go for fitness - try to get faster and fitter on those cardio sessions and the results will take care of themselves.

Keep up the good work, remember that it takes time, but have faith that you are on the right track!