Question
Posted by: Anna | 2007/06/12

Sweat under arms is back

I had a sympathectomy 7 years ago and the excessive sweating under my arms stoped. A month ago I started swaeting more than usual (not as much as I used to before the operation, but more than what I have been for the last 7 years). Can the glands "grow back"? Is there anything I can do to reduce it without going for the operation again?

Dear Anna
No the connection between the sympathic nerves normally does not grow back but in a small percentage of people this may be possible. First exclude other reasons for sweating like underlying fever, TB, anxiousness etc. Try Probanthine tablets if there is no signs of infection etc.