Question
Posted by: Johan | 2003/02/19

Sweat smell during training

Hi There.

I have this problem. That I do sweat during my spinning classes and cycle races. The concern that I have is that is smells very bad. I use michim Dry stick. I have even showered before i go to spin classes but nothing seems to help. It is very embaressing. I have been a person the has always sweated a lot but it has never smelt this bad. My wife told me last night that she could smell me during the class I was sitting next to her. I drink 2-3 lt water per day. Has a person diet got something to do with it?

Please help.

Johan, it sounds like you suffer from bromhidrosis. Bromhidrosis is a condition in which there is a fetid odor of the skin caused by decomposition of the sweat and cellular debris by bacteria and yeasts.
Bromhidrosis often resolves with scrupulous cleanliness. Daily bathing with a liquid soap containing chlorhexidine and application of an aluminum chlorhydroxy complex preparation (found in most commercial antiperspirants) are usually adequate. Topical antibacterial creams or lotions (eg, clindamycin, erythromycin) may be useful adjuncts. Shaving the axillary hair may also be necessary.
Good luck.