Question
Posted by: Tired | 2007/02/27

Suspected Endometriosis

When I was a teenager I had extremely irregular periods to the point that I would maybe bleed once every three months for one day which caused me to have very bad acne. I then went to the doctor who then put me on Diane which then regulated my period but over the years my period seems to have become heavier and more painful. I have been on Diane for the past ten years. I recently went to the Gynae as my husband and I are looking to fall pregnant and he said that he would like to do a lap scope as he feels that may have endometriosis as I suffer from terrible pelvic pain during my period and bleed heavily for up to eight days. Sometimes sex is also painful and I'm generally tired everyday.

I've never been off the pill since I was a teen and so can't say whether my periods would be normal or not but I am nervous about having the procedure and just wanted another person's advice as to whether you think it would be advisable to have the Lap scope done.

Thank you,

Your periods should not be painful on the Pill. I would think that the laparoscopy is a good option.

3
Posted by: Skippy | 2007/02/28

Rather go for the Lap Scope. I am 22 and I had one done last year February and exactly six months later, I had to go for an operation - because I had a sist that burst. And now, when I went for my six month check up, guess what, I had a sist again, on the same ovary, but this time it was as big as a golf ball. Rather go for the Lap Scope, so that they can detect if there is anything else wrong.... Better safe than sorry....

Reply to Skippy
Posted by: Blue | 2007/02/28

Hi Tired, I have got a similar problem although I am still waiting for my test results I had my laparoscopy done last friday and are feeling fine already.
Best of luck and hope that the results will be positive.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Annies | 2007/02/27

I can really recommend the Laparoscopy. I had the same symptoms and with the laparoscopy the gynae discovered that I had grade 3 endometrioses. Since the laparoscopy the endo has been under controle.

Reply to Annies