Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/26

Susceptability to depression/sadness

Hi Doc,
A simple question which might not have a simple answer....
Why are some people more prone to depression (or a general feeling of sadness) than others? What makes them more vunrable than others?
Thanks in advance...

Obviosly, science / mankind hasn't come up with a clear answer yet. There does seem to be evidence that some of us are born with ( by chance, or partly through inheritance ) a chemical set-up within the mood controlling sections of our brain, which may ender some of us vulnerable to develop depression later in life, especially if we run into sad experiences in life. Others among us seem remarkably resilient and face appalling circustances showing little or no psychological damage.

1
Posted by: gail | 2005/07/27

I tend to always see the worst and except the worst to happen in my life, I try to think positive but I just can't get past thinking the worst that can go wrong instead of beign positive

Reply to gail