Question
Posted by: Surigate | 2008/01/21

Surogate

Hi there, i have just offered to be a surogate mother for my cousin and am battling to find out info on the net for South African Clinics that would do it. The only one i can find is in Bryonston. Could you tell me if the two docs refered to in Durban would do this proceedure and whether you know if it is any different to the IVF treatment.

Thanks girls, your help would be fab!!

Dear Surrogate

The process is very similar to IVF except that careful synchronisation is the key to success. I agree that there is insufficient information on South African websites currently regarding surrogates. I would suggest that you contact Aziza at the Bioartfertility centre for further information and assistance in this regard (011 4845119). It is important that you enter into a legal contractual agreement and also that you undergo careful, thorough counselling before volunteering your services. For ethical reasons I cannot recommend a specific doctor or a clinic in a particular area.