Question
Posted by: Sue | 2006/04/18

Sureslim- Unsure?

I had my baby 8 months ago and unable to lose the weight i'm about 10kgs overweights. I have tried starving myself, i tried pills and even vomitting after i eat. Nothing helps. I have now decided to try sureslim but am unsure of the methods used. I've read previous postings and now am unsure if i want to go on sureslim. Does it work? Do they inject you? What are the side effects

Dear Sue
If you are still breastfeeding your baby (?) then I would advise you to be very careful what type of diet you use to lose weight. I also don't think that it is necessary to pay vast amounts of money to lose weight. Rather spend a much smaller amount on consulting a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will not only work out the correct diet for you to use for slimming purposes, but also address some of the problems you seem to be having with eating - starving yourself and inducing vomiting indicates that you may be heading for an eating disorder and that is NOT the way to go esp as you now have a baby to look after, not just yourself. Go for professional help before you fall into the trap of an eating disorder.
Take care

3
Posted by: H | 2006/04/20

Hi. Same happened to me. Paid a fortune. could hardly eat anything, then put it all back on as its a hard diet to maintain. Lost more weight following my own 'diet'. low fat yoghurts, provitas for lunch and snack (allowed up to 12 per day), fruit in between, and meat/chicken and veg or salad for supper.

Reply to H
Posted by: AH | 2006/04/19

I agree with Candice and DietDoc - SureSlim is not the way to go - it is expensive and you will not be able to maintain the eating plan for life. I also gained all the weight after the SureSlim diet. Currently I am also on Weigh-Less and specificly on the maintenance program since I have reached goal weight. Weigh-Less eating plan is normal and natural and worth the monthly fee.
Good Luck !!!

Reply to AH
Posted by: Candice | 2006/04/19

I have been on SureSlim. It is a very minimalistic diet, allowing almost no carbohydrates, which you cannot maintain for life. As soon as I went off their quickloss program onto "maintenance" I gained back a lot of the weight. I am now with Weigh-Less - a much healthier LIFESTYLE programme - not a diet at all! I would not recommend SureSlim, but rather a sustainable eating plan like Weigh-Less. SureSlim do not use injections. They do blood tests before you start the diet, to check for cholesterol and hormone levels - but despite of this, the diet looks almost exactly the same for all. Hope this helps to make up your mind.

Reply to Candice