Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2004/02/04

Sureslim - the downside

I have been on sureslim before, and let me advise all readers, it is not healthy. I had to have my gallbladder taken out (doctor said because of the diet I was on, it was damaged) and I'm only 24 yrs old. My blood sugar dropped to dangerous levels and nearly ended up in a coma.
I lost 20kg and then put on 30kg when I stopped the diet.
Trust me, rather stick to a low fat diet that includes food from all food groups. You can't eat only protein and green veggies for the rest of your life. At some stage you will stop and put the weight back on.
P.S. Any diet that tells you you can't eat certain fruit or veggies is a bad diet. All fruit and veg is good if it's in moderation.

Dear Sharon
Thank you for this contribution. I just hope that all the Readers who are determined to use high-protein, high-fat diets to lose weight will read about your experience and take your advice to heart.
I do hope that you are feeling better now and that you have managed to lose that weight you gained after coming off the high-protein diet. At least you are eating a balanced diet with plenty of variety.