Question
Posted by: Porky!! | 2007/05/18

Sure-Slim

Hi, i am contimplating joining Sure Slim as i need to lose about 20kg's. Can you give me a oppinion on their method of dieting?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Porky

What I have seen from the Sure Slim method from friends that have followed it is that I could not really determine why they were having them perform those expensive blood tests. Neither did I ever see any of them receiving the results back nor being treated for any findings from the blood tests. With regards to the diets themselves I was astonished to hardly find any difference between what the people were instructed to eat except the amount of food allowed – now that is nothing new, because energy in = energy out – thus if you eat more calories (energy) than what your body needs you will gain weight and visa versa. I was also amazed at how little food they were told to eat – I certainly would not have been able to keep it up. Also note that it is mainly a high protein diet and we all know that is not sustainable in the long run and certainly neither a diet with so little food. Needless to say all those friend of mind spend a huge amount of money had great short term results, but unfortunately gained it all back again – it should be a lifestyle! All this said: this is my opinion and no intention to critizice or to do any harm to Sure slim. I have been trained to follow balanced nutritional regimes from a tertiary institiution which is based on evidence based science not quick fixes. Thus if you want to follow their diet make sure you go back onto a balanced nutrition plan immediately after you have obtained the desired results and transform it into a way of life!

Good luck!
Vanessa