Question
Posted by: Rick -dbn | 2004/01/14

Support group for men over 40

I believe there is a support group for guys - men over 40 in Durban. any contact numebrs.
we do need it - to cope with our marriages - with work related problems and we do need someone to talk to.
We can not tell our wives everthing because we do not want them to stress more - they hve enough to cope with like their jobs and kids etc.
I realy feel this is SO GOOD - BUT NEED TO KNOW how and where. please respond.

Rick, sounds like a good idea to have such a support group, though I don't know of any local examples. Maybe you could find some like-minded guys, and set up just such a group. There are so many potential benefits, including butual support, and enhancing our capaicty to learn from our experiences and our errors.
Each year my New years Resolution is the same : "Please, Lord, may I make New mistakes this year, and learn from them." That I will make mistakes is certain, but I'd raher not fruitlessly repeat old ones ; and the challenge is to learn from them.

3
Posted by: Brett | 2004/01/15

This sound great. Please more info. Where, when? I am 53 and would like to join. we can be of help to one another.

Reply to Brett
Posted by: GORDON | 2004/01/15

It is not that we want to admit our faults...we would like support and need to learn from others. we learn from each other every day....so why not on MEN'S ISSUES.
I would like to join - i f and when please let us know. I am in Umhlanga.

Reply to GORDON
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/01/15

you are a great man!

but i doubt there would be a club like that, men don't easily admid they have a weakness , maybe some chruch groups will have a mens fellowship?

if you can't find one, pls start one!

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina