Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/12/13

Support group for CyberShrink forum addiction!!

So I've found myself addicted to this site...

We need a site to discuss our addiction.

Wait--

I guess we could do that here...

But that adds to the viscious cycle!

Help! I can't get out!

Nice quote, Jakes. It's so useful to know hat our individual problems, though uniue in some ways are no unique in the sense of not being experienced by others, as well --- to see ourselves in the plight of others, and recognize, too, that noboy else is uniquely mad, bad, or dangerous to know !

1
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/13

I am going to copy an email sent by someone to the site referred to by JA (apologies JA) but i thought it worthwhile to show that we are not unique in the world.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 2:26 AM
To: Frank
Subject: A Good Day.

Dear Frank,

Today I went to the bookstore, wondering if the PostSecret book would be a good gift for a friend of mine, who also is addicted to the site, laughing that maybe our secrets had been published. I sat down where no one could see me and reread about all the people I love but don't know. I began to think that some of them were mine. I wasn't sure if I had written down this or that thing, new ones as well as old, and then I saw the one that really was mine. I stared at it for a long time, and I checked to see if anyone was watching me. I was, actually, the opposite of shocked. I didn't feel like it was really a defining part of me anymore, but in a very defining way. This compilation, the whole book, every secret on the website, had become mine.

I began to think about all the people who know my secret. Had it been in the show? Had people walked by it and felt empathy for me? Do people now flip through the book and stop on my page, do their hearts fill with the same longing and uselessness that mine did when I wrote it? If only one person ever sees it, I am sure that they feel all the same things I do for every one I read. This gives me hope for the world ......
-Illinois

Reply to Jakes