Question
Posted by: INSPIRED PARENTING | 2007/12/29

SUPPORT GROUP

Hi All

I have started a support group for parents who have lost a baby on yahoo groups titled SA bereaved parents.

If you feel you need support or are able to support a parent who has been through a similar loss to yours please join.

Warm wishes
INSPIRED PARENTING

Expert ImageCyberShrink Annex

Excellent idea. It's great to speak about this in a forum where people going through the same thing are able to help each other cope.

4
Posted by: INSPIRED PARENTING | 2007/12/30

THANKS ANON! I have read Lost and Sad's post and will post to her directly when the forum opens.

She has been given some valuable advice which I hope she follows up on. It is an especially difficult time of the year to deal with loss when the focus is on the family.

Best Wishes
INSPIRED PARENTING

Reply to INSPIRED PARENTING
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/29

Dear Inspired Parenting,

Please read

Lost and Sad Post 1704 on Cybershrink

Unfortunately his forum is closed until next week.

I am sure Lost and Sad would benefit from visiting the Bereaved Parenting Forum on Yahoo.

Thanks, I hope she reads this. So many of the forums are closed now over the holiday period.

Famsa is also closed until early next year.

Reply to anon

Hi Anon

Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for bringing up this very valuable point. At this stage I am just running this as a support group on the pc, but anyone is welcome to phone me if they need someone to talk to. My phone number is on my website wwwdotinspiredparenting dot co dot za.

I certainly will consider expanding the group to include a helpline as time goes on. Lifeline is another organisation that may be able to help. I will post some of the numbers on my group.

Thanks again.

Warm wishes
INSPIRED PARENTING

Reply to INSPIRED PARENTING
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/29

Thank you Inspired Parenting,

Bless you for all your time and help you give the Parenting Forum and now for starting this new group. There is definitely a need, besides compassionate friends, don't know of any other organisations who support bereaved parents. The problem is though, that not all bereaved parents have access to a pc or are pc literate.

Will there be tel no's people could use? I ask this as I think it would be very helpful.

What are your views.

Reply to anon