Question
Posted by: Nic | 2008/01/19

Suppliments

I recently bought USN capsules. It says on the container that it is a testosterone. Is this just a marketing trick and does it help with muscle recovery and growth.

What is the difference between whey and soy proteine. Do you need to eat a lot of carbs aswell.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Nic

I cannot for certain say what is in a product – you have to trust the manufacturer! And yes, testosterone is known to help with muscle growth, but I have to warn you that it can have serious side-effects.

Whey is the protein extracted from milk and soy protein is that extracted from soybeans. Check the carb contents of soy protein products as sometimes they did not filter the carbs. The advantage of soy isolate protein is that it contains a high concentration of branched chain amino acids (similar to beef), glutamine and arginine. It may also support thyroid functioning which helps to regulate metabolism and is known to help reduce the risk of heart disease.

Take care
Vanessa

1
Posted by: toni | 2008/05/26

i would like to know which protein suppliments you would recommend if i want to gain weight and increase in size(body) and the right food to take.which suppliments have no or the least side effects?

Reply to toni