Question
Posted by: supplements for neuropathic pain #2 | 2007/03/31

supplements for neuropathic pain #2

Neurologist advised me to increase my Vitamin B and Iron intake to aid neuropathic pain in my foot.
Do these supplements have side-effects?
Do certain foods/ drinks diminish their effects?

Dear Supplements
Be careful with taking in too much iron - will make you constipated and may be harmful - can cause hemochromatosis - rather let your GP test your iron levels first with a blood test to see if you really need iron supplement. Vit B will not be a problem if you take it as prescribed on the bottle, you will lose any excess through the kidneys. Tea and wheat products can impair iron uptake if you take it together.