Question
Posted by: Anette | 2005/12/10

supplements for multiple sclerosis

I have multiple sclerosis and need to take supplements for it. They talk of primrose evening oil,omega 3 and 6, vitaman D and E, flaxseed oil and ginseng. Is there one product that combines all these in one. there is so many names on the market that i dont know what is the best.

Dear Anette
You can probably purchase a combined omega-3 and omega-6 product (the omega-6 is usually derived from Evening Primrose oil). I am not aware of products that combine only vit D and E. It may be a good idea to take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn which include these 2 vitamins. If you take a combined omega-3 and omega-6 product you don't need flaxseed oil. For the ginseng you would have to ask your chemist if there is a product that only contains ginseng - there should be one on the market.