Question
Posted by: A | 2005/12/15

Supplements for diet

I am currently taking USN creatine supplements to lose weight as well as dieting (reasonably heallthy diet) as I have picked up 10 kg over the last 2 years on all the fertility drugs. I have an appointment with a new Fertility specialist in CT on 18 January so I presume they will commence treatment in Feb. Do you think the USN is ok for now. I will stop when I start the fertility treatment again. Just want to lose these extra kg's quickly. Do you think this is ok or will I do my "reproductive" area harm?? I know this is silly but I cant bear another round feeling os overweight (aoubt 7 kg overweight) I wiegh 74kg and am 1,67 m tall.

Dear A

It is currently believed that being overweight in many situations may pose an impediment to falling pregnant, especially if the underlying problem is associated with ovulatory dysfunction. Hence a weight reduction may facilitate or improve the chances of falling pregnant. I would therefore recommend that you continue to pursue this avenue.
The use of creatinine supplements is relatively safe, as creatinine has a short half life, and is quite readily excreted from the body.
Should you stop supplements at the point of fertility trearment, I woud believe that you would not do your reproductive system any harm and therefore would not in any way alter the outcome of such treatments.