Question
Posted by: nadene | 2006/04/03

supplements for cyclists

hi i know i am asking a lot but a was wondering if you maby have a list of really good cycling supplements my junior elite riders can take i know that its a good idea to make them take carbs in morning for energy during day and for riding and protien at late afternoon to help the m.fibers.
please help!!!

Dear Nadene
If you click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' you will find information about 'Diets for Sportsmen and women' and also about supplements. There are many excellent carbo supplements out there and that is all they need to sustain their energy. Most South Africans eat more than enough protein anyway even if they have increased needs, but it's the carbs that win the races as you will see when you read the articles, esp the ones of carbohydrates, carbo-loading and proteins.
Good luck to you and the team

1
Posted by: Nicky | 2006/04/03

Hey,

I don't know if it would help, but when I was cycling I used Calsium and Magnesium. You get it in packets. Oh and also Vitathion. It helps for cramps and makes your bones stronger. Vitathion gives energy.
Hope it helps a bit

Reply to Nicky