Posted by: Nokia | 2011/02/05


hi doc,

i am no a very good eater, have high blood pressure and enlarged red blood cells which I believe leads to anemia of some sort.

i have experienced tiredness, and also every now and then suffer from a muscle cramp in my leg,

My question really is:
what over the counter supplement can I take that will give me all the minerals/vitamins i need because of a really really bad diet


what can i give to a 6 year old in the form of supplement as she is a very poor eater herself.

Please help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

The enlarged red blood cells are usually associated with Vitamin B12 and folate deficiency. This is called megaloblastic anemia. Refer to the following link for more information:

The enlarged red blood cells can also be associated with kidney disease and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and if your Vitamin B levels are extremely low, you will need injections to correct your levels.

You can supplement with Centrum Multivitamin, in combination with Vitamin B complex and Folate acid.

For the child, I suggest Echinaforce.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.