Question
Posted by: supplement burning | 2008/01/15

supplement burning

I have been taking Patrick Holford's Get up & Go supplement 'shake' powder which I blend with a banana and soya milk.
However, I find that within a few minutes my facial skin flushes and burns (esp. cheeks and chin).
Is there any particular vitamin / mineral that could specifically cause this?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

The vitamin known to cause flushing is vitamin B3 (Niacin / Nicotinic acid) – check the label therefore. However, only concentrations around 100 mg are known to cause flushing which isn’t perceived as a problem. All I can think is that you may perhaps be sensitive to vitamin B3 if it is in there or it could even be something else in the product that you are allergic to in which case it would be saver not to continue taking the product as allergies tend to get worse if you don’t avoid the substance causing it.

Take care.
Vanessa