Question
Posted by: anita | 2008/01/24

sun burn on cat

I have a 2year old white male cat, that has skin rash on ears from the sun. He hates the sunblock spray I put on the ears, I cannot keep him in the house, please reccommend alternative sunblock. I don't want him developing skin cancer!!

Use a sunblock cream - similar to that used by sports people. It is white and contains zinc. (Most cats do not like the sound os a spray as it resembles the sound of a cat spitting at them.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2008/01/24

Is the sunblock spray maybe not a alcohol base and thats why he does not like it?
Maybe a baby sunblock is better?
I would keep up the sunblock though, but perhaps you will have to keep him locked up for a couple of weeks to let the rash heal first.

Reply to Kate