Question
Posted by: summer hater | 2005/11/18

summer hater

Hi BlueBoy

I hate summer too. I hate the heat and everythings bright and cheerful and you are supposed to be too! Also I have to admit it: summer makes me think about my body more and that I haven't lost the weight i said I would!!!!

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I think like there are morning and evening people, there are summer and winter people... I'm an overcast rainy stormy type myself...

3
Posted by: Bb | 2005/11/21

Ohhh yes, I can relate to that all right. Back in the day when my mom used to coat our faces with zink so that we resemble zombies that have just risen from the grave..now that we are adults ourselves we have the choice of numerous sun protection products which will without fail turn into a severe, but effective exfoliator within an hour of application.

Last week a leisurely trip out on the family boat had me wishing I opted for my kevlar bra as little chops soon turned into millions of horses charging right for us. Theres nothing like arriving back on shore with two black eyes and wishing you packed a kidney belt instead of sarong. Aah the wonderful south easter which i shall now be reminding myself is here to dilute the air pollution :)

Reply to Bb
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2005/11/21

I try to tell myself that the Cape Town summer South-easter is A GOOD THING because it dilutes the air pollution, but have yet to convince myself... the best is when after you've coated yourself with sunblock, and the wind plasters dust, sand and your own hair onto your face.

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert
Posted by: Bb | 2005/11/20

Im with both of you on this one, I way prefer snugling up with a warm cup of milo in front of the fire any old day. Hot weather makes me body concious, irratable and headachy..and is normally accompanied by wind so that everything in my house is covered in sand. No thank you very mooch :)

Reply to Bb