Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2004/10/14

summer blues

I am feeling very blue in winter i have a solid eating routine and i dont pick up weight but all the troubles start in the summer, I have low blood pressure so feel i have to eat more all the time not because i am really hungry but because i feel i have no energy.

I eat rye bread for breakfast and then 10:30 i feel i have to eat again, basicly eat now:
rye bread (2 tiny slices for breakfast) - tea
then 10:30 i will have yogurt
11:00 tea / apple or banana

for lunch i try to make a healthy box of carrots, feta , gerkins and tomato and at night i try to eat some meat and another piece of rye bread. and dont really eat any fatty foods and if i do i eat in moderation but lately i feel i just eat even if i am not hungry cause my body craves energy.

I drink lots of water, my body sometimes crave sugar but i do feel that if i drink sugar in my tea that it picks me up and then drops me again making me feel irratated and moody.

I walk 30 minutes 2 - 3 times in the mornings and also dance 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

I do understand moderation is the key word but I dont understand why i must eat more now in summer it really bugs me... and my body confuse me.

Will i gain weight or does my body needs this amount of food.

Dear Kasanda
I think the reason why you feel so blue and tired is that your diet is totally inadequate. You do need to eat more at each meal and make sure that you are getting a balanced mix of food. You may find that switching to foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) and eating 6 smaller, but balanced meals a day will give you more energy without making you fat. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. You can find more info on the GI at: www. gifoundation.com
I also think that your liquid intake is excessive., which can have a negative effect on the mineral balance in the body. Generally speaking adults need about 2.5 litres of liquid a day. If you drink too much liquid you can wash important minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium out of your body and create electrolyte imbalances which will also make you feel tired and not improve your low blood pressure.