Question
Posted by: bloOey | 2005/01/05

Suitable diet? How many times a day?

Dietdoc,

I am hoping you can share with me, what kind of a diet is appropiate in order to lsoe weight, and still have energy to take me through a working day, that involves a cardio/aerobic workout that very same night. I.E is it healithier to have three large meals (or less) per day, or five small controlled meals? And what would constitute a controlled healthy meal, that you can eat five times a day in order to lose weight?

Dear Reader
Generally speaking the 'nibblers diet' where you use 6 small balanced meals a day works better for people who have strenuous schedule. If you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' you will obtain a copy of a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet. Divide each meal into 2, e.g. breakfast fruit, cereal and low-fat milk, mid-morning snack - fruit, 2 slices wholewheat toast with low-fat cottage cheese or jam, etc. Also consider using an energy drink when you exercise to sustain your energy levels. Athletes who train hard, use such drinks without gaining weight.