Question
Posted by: Att: The expert | 2007/05/02

Suicidical

I am 18 going to be 19 soon. . .

I dont have a good relationship with my parents especially my mum and I dont like that. Nobody at my house speaks to me and they always tell me that I should pack my bags and move out. . .

I feel like I am such a problem because i cant keep anybody happy.

When I enter a room they leave the room or if they joking and having a good time if I want to join the fun i spoil the fun what do I do?

I feel I shouldnt be in this world and then they will all be very happy

Well, it sounds as though the others in your house are being very unkind and unhelpful, and negligent in not recognizing your distress and helping you to find the help you need. It's not up to you to keep them happy ! But don't allow any unkindness from them lead you to thoughts of harming yourself --- see a counselor, through yourt school / college, church, call Lifeline --- work on this and work to find proper counselling, and then to get help so you can deal better with your family and your sadness. You may also be becoming Depressed, which can respond really well to treatment

1
Posted by: Gracie | 2007/05/02

You are very important to your family - you just don't realise it! Ask them for a "meeting" and try to establish what the problem is - talk to them - approach them and tell them how you feel - suicide is the last thing you should be thinking of at your age - you have your whole life ahead of you. My heart really goes out to you! Don't do or think about something so drastic - there is ALWAYS a way out and there is always a solution to every problem, no matter how big the problem seems to be at the time. Your family does care about you and I am sure you have lots of friends that care about you too. Please try to resolve this issue with your family - as I said before you have your whole life ahead of you and you have so much to live for. Maybe you should see a counsellor or speak to your church minister - there is help out there for you. Good luck and take good care of yourself. I hope you will take the initiative and discuss the problem with your family really soon - they need and love you as much as you need and love them.Good luck!

Reply to Gracie