Posted by: Extreme Depression Suicide | 2004/01/21


I am a 28 yr old male who previously led a gay life, approzimately 3 years ago i got married and had one child with my wife. i also adopted her two children. I am now at a point where i wish to end it all. I don't want to divorce her, however this is not the lifestyle i wish to lead and so much hangs in the balance. I've been contemplating suicide and have also been to speak to my doctor who just prescribed drugs. My wife new my past. What must i do, how do i find a solution, before it's to late. Who could i speak to, a gay psychiatrist. my time is running out rapidly. What do you suggest ?????

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dear EDS,
Sounds like you really urgently need both to se a psychiatrist with a view to proper medical assistance with your Depression, and above all, a counsellor to help you work on sorting out your conflicts of interest and intentions as to life-style. I can understand that you might have worked yourself into a state of eeling despair, but it's hard to see how a suicide could do anything but cause severe pain and hurt all round. Suicide is the cruellest type of divorce. And those children need and love you.
ANY clinical psychologist or good counsellor ought to be able to help. But check out local gay organizations, who may be able to recommend some known gay-friendly therapists, who may be especially well able to understand the dilemmas you are experiencing, and help you work out a better plan for a happier future for everyone involved.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Paul | 2004/01/21

You don't really specify what the problem is, do you wish to go back to the gay lifestyle? but you don't want to divorce your wife? Just remember that there are 3 children that see you as their dad so don't be stupid and attempt suicide - rather walk the path, tell the truth to your wife, divorce her maybe stay friends and still see you kids grow up.

BTW you can go to any psyciatrist doesn't need to be a gay one. In fact I will go to a hetero shrink if I were you because patients often fall in love with their therapist because of the support and comfort they find in them.

Reply to Paul

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.