Question
Posted by: recluse | 2004/12/01

suicidal

hi doc,

if the world gives you a lemon, make lemonade they say. i've just been handed a ton of lemons on top of my seemingly happy world. thought i was happy, but what a fool i was to believe all lies. been to the doc but seems though i can not find the underlying cause. not the first time though. this depression is killing me and i don't know how much longer i can carry on. did i mention i can't find the underlying cause? see now i'm a lier too. my life revolves around dissappointment. looser through and through. what have i to live for?
no hope for me today, no longer i will waste time...

If the world hands you a ton of lemons, pal, make a ton of lemonade. If you are depressed, one doesn't need to find a "cause", as treatment, by medication or CBT works as well without finding any specific 'cause" and it can arise out of the blue for purely chemical reasons, anyway. There is loads of help --- see a psychiatrist and a counsellor, get the help you need, and start getting better. And work towards a lemon-free live.

8
Posted by: cat | 2004/12/04

Hi recluse.
You've got some excellent advice from Shaun, Paris and Cybershrink. please take heed to their advice.

Always remember that suicide is NEVER the answer to any problem...A person might think that its the easy way out of a situation they can't handle, but it should never be an option to resolving the problem.
Remember, if god brings you to it, he will bring you through it.
Counselling is an excellent idea for you- it would be wise to have a one on one with a professional person.
Hang in there buddy!

Cat

Reply to cat
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/01

Hi Recluse,

What is it that was so against your democratic right that you feel you had to do it for the benefit of someone else but to the detriment of your very own health. What in the world makes you think that someone else is worth more than YOU!!!

So what do you do with a load of lemons??? Come visit me I've got a case of tequila!!!

Come now, let's talk...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/01

Recluse, give me your address and Tel number please!!!!

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/01

WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS?

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/01

If it's your democratic right to have a choice then no one can take that away from you. Funny i read postings every day and alot of the times the answer you're looking for is exactly what you've written.

If your company is forcing you to do some thing you dont want to do, they cant fire you. Do some research on the subject. Give Dept of Labour a call and get your ducks in a row. And then if they want to fire you, you have the facts ready.

Friendships, health, finances are all some thing you have total control over. Unless you're dying of a terminal illness. If you're in debt, go see your bank - they would prefer you paying some thing, and usually very understanding when it comes to this sort of thing. Friendships, well what can i say about friendships, some times friends come and go, but there are always new friends to be made. But if you dont want it you wont get it. Maybe look at the situation and find see where the freindship can be repaird.

We're here to spread our energy and strength to people who come to this forum. There are alot of people on this forum who are very clued up when it comes to labour law. But keep this in mind. The law is usually on the side of the employee.

Now start thinking positivo! every dark cloud has a silver lining.

If you want to chat, you know where you can find me.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: recluse | 2004/12/01

done it, feeling so sick, need to get out of here, thanks for advice though. can't take anymore, the container is empty....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................what have i done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to recluse
Posted by: recluse | 2004/12/01

PARIS

so many things falling apart, friendships, work, health, finances. more worries every day. feeling sick don't want to carry on. being forced to do something i don't want to. just not feeling happy anymore. can't cope. why must i do something i absolutely despise, against my democratic right. have no choice i suppose. if i refuse i might end up jobless. just no energy to fight back.
so so so unhappy and despondent

Reply to recluse
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/01

Recluse, If you think that way then the world will continue to hand you a ton of lemons.

You've been pretty vague, and you've also admitted you lied about not knowing the cause. Why not tell us the problem and maybe we can be of some help. You've done this posting for a reason. Many people on this forum have been exactly where you are. And posting your suicidal feelings is a start. Now lets work through them.

What's causing all the distress??

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS