Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2004/10/27

suicidal!!!!!!

I am currently in a fixed situation. I applied for a post in a small dorpie and I don't know if I am mentally ready for this new enviroment. My psychiatrist (I am schizophrenic) does not know about the new complications this has on my health.

I feel suicidal and or like hurting someone. Have not been on medication for almost 2 months now.
What should I do? Should I phone my shrink or should I wait for our next appointment on the 19th of Nov,

Samantha, Well, as you realize, neither hurting yourself nor hurting anyone else, will help in the least, and can only make any probl;ems you face, worse. Schizophrenia is like diabetes, in that one can lead a long and essentially happy and successful life WITH the disorder, IF one keeps in contact with a competent specialist, and IF one continues to take one's medication regularly and routinely. Being off your meds for 2 months sounds like a really bad idea, unless that was specifically recommended and planned by your shrink. I would phone in before the next appointment and describe jusy how you are feeling, and ask him/her whether it's OK to wait till the enxt appointment, and whether to restart on meds in the meantime.
Your shrink also needs to be able to discuss with you this whole idea of working in the dorpie, and if that still seems like a good idea after discussing it with him, you'll need to make a good plan to see that you can continue with whatever meds you might need, and to keep in contact with him or a recommended more reachable shrink, while in the dorpie. If, as seems possible, it's actually turned out to be a bad idea, forgive yourself --- we all make mistakes at times, and not everything that seems like a good idea at the time, turns out to actually BE a good idea. As humans, we make mistakes ; our aim is to learn from our mistakes and not to repeat the same mistakes. So the place has been a disappointment, and the lack o medical facilties is significant.
SO call your psychiatrist and work out the best solution in this current situation.

4
Posted by: The other V | 2004/10/27

I agree, phone the shrink ASP. Don’t let this destroy your life. Medication might make all the difference. Please don’t wait!

Reply to The other V
Posted by: Samantha | 2004/10/27

Will do.
Before I applied he asked me if I will coupe. And my answer was yes............
If I only knew by then how awful this place really is and to make things even worse, they don't even have medical facilities here. I screwed up, BIG time.
I have to do something!!!! Not now but surely very soon

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Lonestar | 2004/10/27

Phone the shrink

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/27

Phone your shrink....

Reply to Beyond Tired