Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/28


Dear Doc,

I fell pregnant in Feb this year and experienced terrible dizziness/light head. I thought this was just due to the pregnancy. I then miscarried in May and still have these symptoms especially after eating or drinking something sweet although I don't have much sugar in coffee and tea (1 teaspoon). I have also started getting heart palpitations. A colleague suggested that I have my sugar and glucose tested. Do you think this could be a cause for concern? Where should I go for these tests - to my normal GP or someone different?

Thanks for your time.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

CC1, your normal GP should be able to help. While he is at it, ask him to do a full blood count to make sure that you¡¯re not anaemic. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: KIA | 2005/07/28

you should have your thyroid function checked out as well

Reply to KIA
Posted by: Beenthere | 2005/07/28

You could have a sort of pseudo diabetic condition that disappears after baby is born. I would suggest tests to be sure - no harm done.

Reply to Beenthere

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.