Question
Posted by: CC1 | 2005/07/28

Sugar/Glucose?

Dear Doc,

I fell pregnant in Feb this year and experienced terrible dizziness/light head. I thought this was just due to the pregnancy. I then miscarried in May and still have these symptoms especially after eating or drinking something sweet although I don't have much sugar in coffee and tea (1 teaspoon). I have also started getting heart palpitations. A colleague suggested that I have my sugar and glucose tested. Do you think this could be a cause for concern? Where should I go for these tests - to my normal GP or someone different?

Thanks for your time.

CC1, your normal GP should be able to help. While he is at it, ask him to do a full blood count to make sure that you¡¯re not anaemic. Good luck.

2
Posted by: KIA | 2005/07/28

you should have your thyroid function checked out as well

Reply to KIA
Posted by: Beenthere | 2005/07/28

You could have a sort of pseudo diabetic condition that disappears after baby is born. I would suggest tests to be sure - no harm done.

Reply to Beenthere