Question
Posted by: Candy | 2008/01/29

sugar level

Hi there, my sugar level is 4.6 which is normal.. I eat so healthy, exercise Im really doing more than my share to lose weight. I am 1.81 and weigh 76kg. I cant seem to lose the extra 8 kilos that I want to lose...my question is can I be insulin resistant and still have a normal sugar level?

Dear Candy
No you don't have insulin resistance if your sugar level is normal. In addition your BMI = 23,2 which is already practically ideal so there is not reason for you to lose 8 kg. Your body will resist this in any case because it would be unnatural and unnecessary. Stick to your present regimen and enjoy the fact that your weight is close to ideal.

1
Posted by: lata | 2009/02/13

i have a 14 year old daughter. She has an insulin level of 14. She glucose level is norma. Is that high and what should she be eating and not eating. What is the normal level of insulin.

thanks for your help.

Lata

Reply to lata