Posted by: Mirror is my enemy | 2008/09/27

SUFFERING seriously

I was raped when I was 11. And am now 19, i hate my body so much, i look in the mirror and am totally repulsed by myself. I am 169cm tall and weigh 58kgs so i know i am not fat but i feel like i am extremely huge!! i hate every inch of my body and everytime some oen compliments me a feel worse. i think about it constantly. i know i am stupid becuase there are worse thing out there. but i hahve lost weight and still feel the same. how do a actually feel comfortable in my own skin. i think about dieting all the time but can never carry it through then i beat myself up for not doing it! i dont go out becuase i dont like to dress up i feel horrible. i cry when i go shopping for clothes because i feel fat. i hate it and it really bothers my boyfriend! i know its linked to being abused when i was younger but how do i change it?? its ruining my life!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert


you have rightly made the link between how you feel about your body now and what happened to you when you were 11. Although it may feel hard to think about talking about the issue I would strongly recommend you consider seeing a psychologist for therapy to help you with this process, as you will benefit from someone being with you during this process and helping you gain an insight into it and how it is affecting you now, and how also you would like it to be different.

A really helpful organisation who will be able to advise you is Rape Crisis and you can contact them via the internet at

You have already taken the brave step of speaking out about this issue here, take it forward as you truly deserve to not let the actions of someone else control your life any longer in this way.

Feel free to ask another question here if you need to.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/29

Hi there,

You are going through a very tough time in your life and its not easy. The way you are seeing yourself is obvioulsy not what other people are seeing. Have you ever thought of going to see a psychologist? You need to seek a therapist to help you understand that its not your fault and that your not doomed forever. You need to seek help to deal with this. Don' t wait too long to get help.

Best of Luck :-)

Reply to Kman

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.